AMTRAK'S EMPIRE BUILDER ROUTE MAP
Handy guide to today's Empire Builder traveling from Chicago to Portland and Seattle. Designed for quick reference in the field or on the train using a narrow format that fits in your pocket or camera bag.
Each page highlights approximately 50 miles of track and provides the location of both passenger stops and the host railroad's freight stations along the way. All passenger stations and many other points are identified using GPS coordinates given in latitude and longitude. This allows you to track your progress while travelling on the train with a GPS unit or to catch the train while railfanning trackside. In addition, radio frequencies of road channels used on the route are shown on each page and in an index at the back.
- Detailed maps scaled at a constant 5 miles per inch (Sample)
- GPS coordinates for stations
- Host railroad radio channels
- Station index, detector and tunnel locations
- Major highways shown for reference
- Inside covers contain locator maps keyed to easily locate detail maps
- Printed on heavy ivory-colored stock for reduced glare and increased durability
- 59 pages, coil bound, approx. 4.25 x 11 inches